Eggemoen camp is a disbanded army camp at Eggemoen north of Hønefoss. In conjunction with the camp there is an airport which is now named Hønefoss airport, Eggemoen.
The airport was initially built by the Germans during world war 2 but sat unused after the war until Widerøe established a flight training schoool here on november the 22, 1950. The school was moved to Rygge air stations for a short periode in 1951 but since Rygge didn’t have a concrete runway the school returned to Eggemoen after a few months. This proved to be short lived though and in 1952 the school was moved permanently to Rygge.
In 1953 Air command Østlandet was transferred to Eggemoen and the camp was also boot camp for the army transportation corps for many years.